Monday, January 5, 2009

Slurp!

The date - Sunday, January 4th. The time - 2:40pm, Eastern Standard Time. The place - Sacrament Meeting. The situation - Z has just pulled a giant red and white swirly straw from where it had been secreted inside of his shirt.

Me: (in a whisper) Hey Z - Why did you bring that straw to church?
Z: (quite loudly) This straw? I brought it to slurp up the sacrament!

A few other noteworthy items that took place on Sunday:

1. This was our first meeting which took place from 2:30-5:30. I will refrain from prolific complaint.
2. As our ward is predominantly BYU prone, I felt the need to represent the UTES and their beyond fantastic victory over Alabama in the Sugar Bowl. So - I called a friend and fellow U fan. Our husbands were both out of town so we, and all of our kids dressed in Red and White. As luck would have it, we were both on time and arrived simultaneously. We paraded in together, eyeballing all the Cougars as if to say 'you are welcome for the $17 million'. The Stake President (and collegiate compatriot) was sitting on the stand and gave us a victory nod.

8 comments:

Becca said...

Your kids are hilarious! Of course Z wanted to slurp up the sacrament--it makes perfect sense to his cute little mind. I love that he hid the straw in his shirt!
Also, I too felt a need to represent on Sunday--I wore a red shirt with my new favorite accessory-the U pin our father so generously bestowed upon me. (It counts as generous if he has a whole drawer full that he got for free-right?)I will say my U pin was much better received this week than the week I wore it after we handily defeated BYU! Miss you.

Tari said...

What was I thinking! I should have worn red to church on sunday! That is so funny slurp up the sacrament. Ha ha

akaemi said...

I noticed all the red at church, but didn't make the correlation. Congrats on the win!

GustoBones said...

Very cool!!!

The Carlsons said...

First Z is SO FUNNY! And second! Go UTAH! I maybe a Zoobie but I cheer for a good team when I see one. And yes, thank you for the $$$$

the speers said...

hahahaahaha...you're my hero.

wait, i went to byu....

Brooke said...

Maybe Z thought it was more appropriate to use a straw to partake of the sacrament...after all, doesn't anyone else think it's weird that we all look like we're doing shots?

Allie said...

Ben and I laughed so hard at the straw story. Your kids rock!