Monday, March 31, 2008

NEW YORK CITY

For a stay-at-home Mom, very few things can beat the indulgence of a girls trip.  And a girls trip to New York City is, perhaps, one of the best locations for said excursion!  I returned late last night from a fun-fun three day jaunt to the Big Apple with some friends.  The highlights were:

Pasta in Little Italy - yum
Rice to Riches (rice pudding bar) - yummier
'WICKED' at the Gershwin Theater - wicked cool
Ground Zero - sad and inspiring
Shopping on Canal Street - slightly scary
Breakfast in Grand Central Station - super fun
Grilled Ham and Gruyere Sandwich in Soho - too good for words
Shopping on 5th Avenue - lots of walking
Dinner at the Starlight - lots of singing
The Statue of Liberty - looked good from a distance
Times Square - up late at night

AND....a lot of goofy girl time.  

Beyond the fun and adventure, this trip was to celebrate with my cousin.  She has just courageously completed a brutal round of chemotherapy after being diagnosed with breast cancer.  Through watching her go through this this ordeal, I have been awed and amazed by her courage and positive attitude in the face of great trial, as well as the depth of her testimony of a loving Heavenly Father.  

So - here is to my cousin, beating breast cancer, and next year's trip to NYC with the girls!   After that much fun we have got to make it an annual adventure!  

Or biannual...possibly even quarterly............    

9 comments:

Becca said...

Next time, I think you should take me with you! I'm glad you had fun, can't wait to hear more about it.

Chris said...

Can I come too? :-) Sounds like a blast. I love NYC, it is one of my favorite girlfriend weekend spots. Chicago being another.

Melodrama Mama said...

Becca - you should come! One of the girls had her sister from Colorado come.

Chirs - do I hear a Chicago trip in the making?

Heather said...

Umm, I love Canal Street! I agree it is slightly scarry yet some great deals. I still carry around my "Kate Spade" and I want to get a "Tiffinay's" necklace. You know that you have hit dodgy areas when the women yell at your father for taking p[ictures of the craziness. I will never forget being there with Dad, it is so not his type of shopping but we sure laughed a ton!

Chris said...

busy next weekend? :-)

klt9976 said...

we should start a sisters annual trip!

Tari said...

OOOOH I love a girls trip. Looks like you had a great time. I've never been to the big apple but would love to go sometme. I guess I have flown through JFK but an air port doesn't really count.

The Carlsons said...

I'm so glad you had fun in NYC. I love NYC and miss it terribly. Sounds like you did lots of fun stuff! I need to get back, it's been way to long!!!! A

shauna said...

How fabulous! And what a great way to celebrate life with your cousin and other girly friends. Those are just the best -- and in New York.