Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Score One For Virginia



Spring in the mountains of Utah, where we used to reside, was usually chilly, often cold, and not uncommonly snowy. It would, in fact, routinely snow in April and May. Sadly - even in June we could be surprised by a rogue dusting of white stuff! Though I miss my home state and family/friends that live there, spring in Virginia has some definite advantages.

This is the tree in our front yard. I wish that I had snapped the pic when it was in full bloom, it was gorgeous! Now our lawn is covered with what Z calls 'pink snow'. Above A is enjoying the weather with her friend, and anyone who knows Z will understand that laying in a bed of pink flowers made his day!

5 comments:

Chris said...

Yeah you are back in cyberspace!! Cute pics of the kids!

klt9976 said...

oh I LOVE the pics! They are GREAT. And I'm jealous of your good weather. Pray for us on Saturday. We're going on an ALL day hike with Spence.

Mary Kim Oswald said...

Jealous Utahn here. I wish we had some pink snow like you. It is nice to see you more often. Loved the cartoon.

GustoBones said...

I lovw Spring. I was just in VA and it was so gorgeous and warm!!! I'm glad you are enjoying it!

Janice {Run Far} said...

yes very jealous, I have been in DC when the Cherry Blossoms were in full bloom and they are wonderful and gorgeous and I love them.