Tuesday, January 22, 2008

TIVO re-born

People who know me well are aware of my previous addiction to 'Buffy the Vampire Slayer'. Now, I know that this is not quality t.v., but a good vampire re-run is a great way to pass some mindless time. Besides, how else would I have earned that crucial blue pie wedge in Trivial Pursuit when our team was asked the name of the mythical portal that was hidden beneath the town of Sunnydale? (Answer: the Hellmouth, and thanks to me, we won the game so I won't listen to any more from my husband about my selection of viewing material.)

Now I have become acclimated with the GILMORE GIRLS, and I have to say that getting 'into' a series after it has been syndicated is way better because you get to watch one new episode a day, thus - the entire 7 year series can be viewed within a matter of months, without missing a single episode, thanks to my dearest of all night-time friends - TIVO.

So what was I to do when I received this message on my TIVO screen that my program information was about to expire? I called the TIVO guy who said that the phone lines in our area were going digital and that TIVO can't translate digitally - so I was going to have to do stuff with the modem and ether-net lines.  I had to wait a long week until The Hub got home and could fix the electronic problem.  

Peace at last.  My Tivo has been re-born and I can once again record, pause, and delete shows at my viewing pleasure.  Let's all breath a collective sigh of relief that I will now be watching the Gilmore Girls whenever I want - for someday, I may be on your trivial pursuit team and the winning wedge could be won based on my knowledge of Star's Hollow.  Who else will know the name of the proprietor of Dosee's Market, or the identity of Rory's female nemesis/friend from Chilton?  The list of Gilmore minutiae is endless, and I will study it resolutely until we meet in that forthcoming game of trivia.   

4 comments:

Becca said...

Love the new name and the new look! Can't wait to read more!

klt9976 said...

um...so I just changed my blog look and its the same as yours. but I changed up the colors. I tivo American Idol try outs. Law and Order: SVU, Miss America Reality Check. And right now I'm debating about recording Friends and the Office. hmm....

klt9976 said...

go to google and look at the top left corner of the screen. click on "images" and then do a seach that way. I just click on the image that I like, then click on "see full-size image," then right click and "save picture as."
I have a folder in my "pictures" section of my computer just for blog pics. Then you just upload them in the same way. There might be an easier way, but I like that one.

klt9976 said...

p.s. could you not sleep last night?